FMX Team motocross game
FMX Team is a Freestyle motocross game that you can play online for free. The trick to this one is to do as tricks as possible along the way so you can achieve each levels task. For example, in the first level the task is to achieve a score of 200. Simply riding through the level won't give you enough points to complete it successfully.
You also need to do a few air tricks along the way. When playing the motorcross game, if you look to the left side of the screen, you will see a list of keyboard buttons to press for tricks. Each level has it's own set of unique tricks. Highly recommended! Graphics are detailed and plays realistically.
If free website content is what your after, you'll find HTML code further down this page. Simply copy and paste the code into the HTML of your webpage to play FMX Team directly from your own website.
All online games used with permission >> Did you know we have more than 100 online games at Hypergurl
Hints and tips on how to play FMX Team motocross game
UP arrow to drive forward - DOWN arrow to brake or slow down - LEFT and RIGHT arrows to lean forward or backward - 1, 2, or 3 numeral keys for tricks - SPACE key to pause game
Maybe we can entice you to try these other awesome games:
Game design plan from a developers point of view
Design plans help game creators to have a clear objective in mind before they start to code the actionscript (Adobe Flash). Shown below is an example of how to make a design plan if you wanted to create a motocross game similar to FMX Team.
Note: This is not the design plan the developer of FMX Team used when making this motocross game. It's merely a reverse-engineer of a game design plan based on my experiences as a player.
Title: FMX Team
One sentence description: A FMX motocross game.
Scenario / World: The game scenario is set on a dirt track in numerous settings. For example the first level is along an ocean road.
Mode: Single Player. However can submit scores and compete with other players for top place.
Objectives: Ride your motocross bike, doing as many tricks as possible to gain extra points. Each level has a set number of qualification points to achieve before gaining access to the next area.
Characters: The main character is the motocross rider. He's designed to stay on his bike at all times.
Audio / visual aesthetics:
- Very detailed graphics. For example the ocean water in the first level looks very believable. A lot of shading is seen in the rocks and mountains. At stand still, the animation in the motobike looks to shake, as one would in real life. The wheels rotate. I also like how when you stop on a hill, the bike continues to move, rolling forward / downward, even if you are not pressing any keyboard buttons. Makes the visual aesthetics very realistic.
- Audio / music can be heard at all times, giving the game player the option to turn it off and on at will. Suitable to the theme and not intrusive or annoying at all. OK well maybe the count down timer is a little annoying :) However, I do like how the motocross bike sounds realistic.
Possible Target Audience: Suitable for everyone. Possibly more geared towards males considering the sport / motobike riding genre. FMX games are always popular with the boys.
Itemization of game elements:
Game is played with the keyboard.Trick keyboard buttons are displayed at all times on the upper left side. I find this helpful as a player.
Introduction page displays choices for the player to choose from including:
- How to play (very important for developers to incorporate)
- New Game
- High Scores (often not available)
- More Games
When you start a 'New Game' you need to type in your name and press OK.
The second screen allows you to choose a motobike. Each bike has its own unique set of advantages and disadvantages.
On the main screen, GUI elements include buttons on the lower left to stop and start music / Pause and start game. Along the top it tells you what level your currently playing, your score, and how much time you have left.
Itemization of game rules:
- Ride the motobike within a set time limit, without stacking it.
- When you stack the bike, you're taken back to the start of the level.
- Complete each level doing as many tricks as you can along the way to build up your score. For example, air time gives you extra points.